httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit mails
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 21:42:51 GMT
On Sat, 9 Dec 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Joshua,
>
> I think I just fixed this, can you test if for me?

Hmmm... that didn't seem to work.  Perhaps my guess at where to fix it was
wrong.

Looking more closely, it appears that the map in that perl file
gets matched EXACTLY against the directory where the
commit took place.  Since my commit was in httpd-2.0/docs/manual
it did not get caught by the map for httpd-2.0/docs.

So, either the directories need to be enumerated (ouch... bad idea)
or that code needs to be somehow modified to do a substring
match.  That would be beyond my (non-existent) perl expertise.

The relevant code is:

   local($path) = @_;
    my($mapped, $dir) = ("", $path);
    my(%mapping) = ('apache-2.0/src/include'            => 'httpd-docs-2.0',
                    'apache-2.0/src/os/unix'            => 'httpd-docs-2.0',
                    'apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include'    => 'httpd-docs-2.0',
                    'httpd-2.0/docs'                    => 'httpd-docs-2.0');

    #
    # If the path exactly matches one of our conditions, return the
    # mapped equivalence value.  We're passed the first argument from
    # the command line, which is the directory in which the commit
    # is taking place.
    #
    if ($mapped = $mapping{$path}) {
        #