httpd-docs mailing list archives

Subject Re: Urgent 2.0 issues
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:45:52 GMT

> 1. Installation docs: I can't even compile the most recent alpha on any of
> my systems, so I am at a loss on how to even start this.

To compile the most recent alpha, just remove the test target from all
Makefiles.  This is an issue that we are aware of.  :-(  The installation
docs should be very close to the 1.3 installation docs.

> 2. Filters: I think we need some advice from Ryan here.  I don't
> understand what the user interface to filters is supposed to be.  How are
> documents supposed to be designated for SSI processing, for example?

Currently, there are two ways to designate a page for filters.  The first
is AddFilter.  This is a simple directive that just takes a list of
filters.  SSI's would be enabled for filters by adding the following:

<Files ~ \.shtml$>
    AddFilter INCLUDES

The second is SetFilter.  This takes a mime-type and a list of
filters.  So it would look like:

SetFilter test/html INCLUDES

Hope that helps, if not, let me know what else you need.

> 3. Website: I believe it is time to place the 2.0 docs on the website
> in a similar manner to the 1.3 docs.  I don't have the karma to do this
> myself.

Do me a favor, send me a patch, and I'll get this done.  All I really
need, is the patch for the actual site.  I'll take care of checking out
the actual docs.

I'll try to look at the STATUS file today, but I am focused on a few known
bugs that I want to get rid of ASAP, so it may take me a little while.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message