httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Going nuts
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:30:06 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> No, for clarification, httpd-docs-1.3-cvs@apache.org (where commit
> messages for the httpd-docs-1.3 CVS module go, as usual) is not a
> full mailing list, as other module-CVS lists often (but not always)
> are; it, by deliberate decision of those who configured this,
> forwards to both the apache-docs@apache.org mailing list, and the
> apache-1.3-cvs@apache.org alias

Thia was not a decision by just those who configured it, but by
both the docco people and the new-httpd people.  ISTR Marc was
particularly insistent that the effect be correct.

apache-docs is its own list.  httpd-docs-{1.3,2.0}-cvs were
alii, pointing to apache-docs and apache-cvs.  This was done
to ensure that developers couldn't choose to be ignorant of
what was being written about their code.  However, since the
docco project is about much more than just documenting the
code, there is no need for the documenters to see all the code
changes.

I originally wanted to keep the two separate, but the loud
comments on new-httpd (again, ISTR it was largely Marc)
resulted in the above.  I'm with Brian; I'm willing to
reconfigure this however the consensus wants it -- but
anyone who wants to change it should first check the archives
to see how and why we arrived at the current situation.
--
#ken    P-)}