httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Got a question...
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2000 00:30:27 GMT

I'm seeing that such a change would require us to change the
DirectoryIndex index.html  to  DirectoryIndex index  in order to
resolve the file, but that means every href to "foo.html" should
also become "foo" ... hmmm, I don't have an opinion, that would
clearly break everything.

Notice that we expect users to be able to 'browse' these files
locally as well as on our site, so maybe the idea of just dropping
in one version is more appropriate, based on the user's choice of
lanaguage, and strip off the extension.  That means we would need
a charset meta tag in every file, which is not really a bad idea
in the first place, if we don't already include them.

Thoughts from anyone else?