httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@mail.reppep.com>
Subject Re: CVS checkout failing (first commit access)
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:30:57 GMT
At 9:49 PM -0500 2000/11/20, Chris Pepper wrote:
>	So I just got commit access to apache-docs, deleted my old
>directory, and tried to check out a fresh copy of httpd-docs-1.3,
>but I get connection refused errors, and no passphrase prompt. Is
>anyone else having trouble? Am I doing something obvious wrong?
>
>[pepper@g4 cvs]$ cvs -d locus.apache.org:/home/cvs checkout httpd-docs-1.3
>locus.apache.org: Connection refused
>cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
>messages if any)

	Eureka! I got it working.

[pepper@g4 cvs]$ export CVS_RSH="/usr/bin/ssh"
[pepper@g4 cvs]$ cvs -d :ext:locus.apache.org:/home/cvs checkout httpd-docs-1.3

Ken,

	Please consider mentioning CVS_RSH and ssh in
<http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html> -- necessary
for my Mac OS X (Darwin) configuration.

						Thanks,

						Chris Pepper

--
Chris Pepper     | Shooting Gallery Interactive | 212 905-2200
Mac OS X Software:   <http://www.mosxsw.com/>