httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Small MPM docs re-org?
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:59:33 GMT
On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Would anybody mind if we re-organized the MPM docs slightly?
>
> What I am thinking, is that currently we have an html page for each
> individual MPM, and then a page for the common directives.  On the module
> index pages we have a link for each individual MPM. Inside each MPM page,
> we link to each directive, some of which are in the common file.
>
> What I would like, is for the index pages to link to each individual MPM
> and the common directives.  Then, the individual MPMs could just ignore
> those common directives.

I don't have strong feelings about it, but I do think that there will be
people who want to answer the question "What directives are provided by
MPM XXX?"  If the MPM pages are not comprehensive, then they will need to
go through the MPM pages, plus page through the entire mpm_common.

In addition, I assume that the MPM pages will eventually contain some
examples and other documentation which will reference the directives which
the MPM provides.  Therefore, it will be important to have links to those
directives.

In summary, I think that the indexes inside the MPM docs should be
comprehensive, but I think it is a good idea to add the mpm_common.html to
the index.  (I know, three indexes seems like a lot, but at least the
directives are only defined once.  If anything, the index at the top of
mpm_common.html could be eliminated.)

Joshua.