httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Danish index-file (was: Re: Translations and MultiViews (was Re: htdocs/manual/index.html.ja.jis))
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:32:44 GMT
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Flemming Mahler Larsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While you're moving stuff, might I suggest renaming the
> htdocs/index.html.dk to htdocs/index.html.da (documentation for 1.3 and
> 2.0 - and changing it in the default httpd.conf to reflect this change).
>
> (Motivation: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm, etc. - dk is
> the country code, da the language)

I don't have the knowledge to argue about this, but....

This does not matter.  The line in the default httpd.conf say
AddLanguage da .dk
The actual extension used is not visible to the end user
at all.

If you are saying that it is confusing to developers, then fine.
If a developer wants to submit a bunch of Danish documentation
and believes that .da is a clearer extension, then we can ask
new-httpd to change the default httpd.conf.

Joshua.