httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Translations and MultiViews (was Re: htdocs/manual/index.html.ja.jis)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:55:05 GMT
On 14 Nov 2000, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> Joshua Slive <slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca> writes:
>
> > So, some possible solutions are:
> > 1. As I mentioned above, change all the english filenames to include
> > the en extension, so that there will be no exact matches and content
> > negotiation using multiviews will get a chance.
>
> With Ken's message, this seems to be the only candidate.

Okay, I've done this.  I hope I didn't mess anything up.  (Thanks for the
detailed instructions.)  Luckily, all the old tags were delted from the
docs when they were moved to their own repository, so there where only a
couple tags to delete.

A couple comments:

1. We need to add a requirement to the "how to mirror" document
now: Multiviews and a good set of AddLanguage directives.  However, since
there are no current mirrors of httpd.apache.org, I guess this doesn't
really matter.

2. Obviously, if you are going to be translating more than a handful of
docs, we will need to get you cvs access.

Joshua.