httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: httpd.conf
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:51:27 GMT
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, David Reid wrote:

> > Ah. Good point. If I ever get around to having time to actually work on
> > this, I'll make sure to mention it there.
>
> I'd go further and say that any/all messing with httpd.conf should be done
> by discussion and agreement on new-httpd.  It's a rather essential part of
> apache after all!

I hope you are not saying that the documentation project deals with
a non-"essential" part of Apache ;-)

In my opinion, since the sample config files are such an essential part of
the user experience with regard to learning and using Apache, it is
perfectly appropriate to discuss them in the context of the documentation
project.  I agree, however, that any decision would need to be made in
consultation with new-httpd.

Joshua.