httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/howto cgi.html
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:09:24 GMT
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I've never liked the term 'Script.' It has hack-ish connotations, as of
[...]

I think I agree.  I'll leave it a couple days before I change it back,
however.  Thank god for "search-and-replace".

Two comments on these tutorials (other than "Great stuff!"):

1. I think once we have one more along this line, we can create a separate
"tutorial" or "howto" section on the main page. If we wind up with a
really large number, than we will need to think about indexing them on a
different page. I think I agree now that they should be seperate from the
"Using Apache" section, because these docs do have a different target and
tone than the other ones in the "Using Apache" section.

2. Are those anchors with spaces in them legal?  Netscape seems to
handle them fine, but they look wrong to me.

Joshua.