httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Translations and MultiViews (was Re: htdocs/manual/index.html.ja.jis)
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:24:04 GMT
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> Here's a translation of
> httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/index.html
> It's roughly based on Infoscience translation.

OK, this is cool, but now that we have our first start at a translation,
we need to think a little.  If I just drop this into manual/, nobody is
going to see it.  In order for MultiViews to come into effect, we would
need to rename the existing index.html to index.html.en, correct?
Should we do this, and if so, what is the correct cvs incantation for
moving a file?  (I suppose it involves mucking around in the repository
to preserve history.)

Conceivably, the same thing will need to be done for all the other docs,
right?

--
Joshua Slive