httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: main page
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 20:40:39 GMT
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Chris Pepper wrote:

> At 10:14 AM -0800 2000/11/01, Joshua Slive wrote:
> >- Should we change the headers of the other pages to match this page (with
>
> 	How hard is it? Is there a logical juncture to change the
> whole thing? Is there a reason to keep the DOCTYPE out of an SSI
> include?

The doctype can't go in the SSI, becuase the <title> for each document
needs to be different, os you would need one SSI above the title and
one below.

I could just do a few lines of perl and replace all the doctypes.  If
people think that is the right way to go, then I will consider it.  I'm
just not so happy about having to commit a change to every single file in
the repository.  (It is not that much work, but it just seems a little
scary to me.)