httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: duplicate mails
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 17:33:24 GMT

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Looks like commits against the httpd-1.3-docs CVS tree are going to both
> the apache-docs@apache.org list and new-httpd@apache.org list.  That seems
> excessive.  Either it should just go to apache-docs, or a new list
> apache-docs-cvs.  Comments?

I assume you mean they are currently going to apache-docs and apache-cvs?

I don't really see a problem with the current situation.  It is good to
have the docs cvs commits going to the apache-docs list, so that everyone
here sees what is going on.  In addition, people who monitor the regular
cvs list should also be watching doc commits, since the developers are the
ones best able to tell if anything really stupid gets written in the
docs.  People reading apache-cvs are already used to the high volume, so
I doubt it bothers them.

The only thing I find irritating is getting copies of every commit that
touches a header file copied to apache-docs.  However, I don't see any way
to avoid this given that we want people in apache-docs to have access to
the API docs.

Joshua.