httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: httpd.conf
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:48:40 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:

> First, although the copious comments are wonderful for the beginner,
> they are excessive for someone moderately experienced. There needs
> to be an abridged version of the config file with minimal comments.
>
> Second, the file is arranged a little randomly, and could stand to be
> arranged in a somewhat more coherent manner.

This one I'll dispute a bit.  I and others invested a considerable
amount of time arranging the file to reduce randomness.  It's possible
that it can be improved still more, but it is *not* random as it
stands.

Next point: futzing with the httpd.conf file is straying rather a
bit from the 'documentation' aspect of this project.  Before
going down this path too far, I recommend involving the new-httpd
development list in the discussion.
--
#ken    P-)}