httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: SSI tutorial
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 20:41:15 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > > I just committed it. However, it occurred to me right after I did so
> > > that I'm not sure if I should have created the howto directory at the
> > > level where I did (at the same level as manual/) or inside the manual
> > > directory. If anyone has any particular complaints with this, please let
> > > me know now, so that we don't get too far down the road before we have
> > > to make changes.
> > >

> > I think it should go inside manual/ because manual/ is the directory
> > that gets put onto the httpd.apache.org/docs/ website.  (And besides,
> > it is part of the manual, right?)
>
> Good point. I'll move it. Just a second ...

OK, I've made a 'howto' directory inside manual, and made changes as
suggested by Joshua, to the 'related modules/directives' part of the
doc. Can we add a link to the doc from the front page?

I have a 90-day moratorium of articles, which is starting to run out.
That is, I started writing articles from ApacheToday.com 90 days ago (a
little more than that) and I'm allowed to do whatever I like with those
articles after 90 days. So, hopefully, from here on out, we'll have
something new to add to the howto section every few weeks. (Some of the
articles were 2 or 3 week series which I'll combine into one howto, and
some articles are not worth making into howto's, like my report from
ApacheCon.)

So, since I expect to use this first one as the template for those to
come, please tell me anything you hate about it so that I won't do it
again.

Rich
Author: Apache Server Unleashed - www.apacheunleashed.com
Director of Web Application Development - http://www.cre8tivegroup.com/