httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: MPM documentation
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2000 09:53:20 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

>> 1. mpmt_pthread is a really crappy name for a module.
>
>Agreed.  It is even worse because it doesn't rely on pthreads
>anymore.  Please, if anybody can come up with a better name, we need it.

I think the important thing is to make the distinction between
mpmt_pthread and dexter clear; a jargon-laden pair of names could be
vpft and fpvt (for fixed/variable process/thread). I would also rename
the perchild mpm to fpvtvu for "... variable user" because to my mind
perchild signifies nothing: what changes per child?

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch     dot@dotat.at     fanf@covalent.net     Chad for President!