httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: SSI tutorial
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2000 02:45:48 GMT

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I mentioned a while back that I wanted to contribute my ApacheToday.com
> articles when the 90-day moratoriam runs out. It has done so for the
> first batch of articles. I've got a series of three articles about SSI
> that I'd like to reformat and contribute for the docs. They are
> beginner-level HOW-TO type articles.

Cool.

> So, the question I had is, is it reasonable to create a new section for
> HOWTOs and tutorials? There's a doc right now (/manual/misc/howto.html)
> that has some howto's on it, but once we have more than just a few,
> putting them all on one page is going to be impossible. And one hopes
> that we will soon have more than just a few.

The idea that I had was to create a section called something like
"configuration topics" that covers stuff like this.  This is the stuff I
have been slowly creating with "Related directives", etc, sections. So far
I have done "Configuration Files" (configuring.html), "Server-wide
Configuration" (not yet committed), "Environment Variables" and
"Handlers". Do you think your docs would fit in with those, or do you
think it would be better to create a section for more introductory
step-by-step style docs?

Joshua.