httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: server-wide.html
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:34:00 GMT
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Rich Bowen wrote:
> The "Server Defaults" section seems a little vague, particularly with no
> explanatory text. But, in general, I think that this will be very
> helpful, if it is kept up to date.

Yah, I didn't really know what to do with that, so I left it for
a second draft (or for suggestions).  Those are really pretty
much unrelated directives, and there is no point in explaining
each one, since the directive definitions already do that.  I suppose I
could just have one sentence explanations of each of them.

As far as keeping it up to date, that is a problem.  However, while I am
adding these docs, I am trying to remove as much of the other repetitive
docs as possible.  For example, the handler docs, the keepalive docs, and
the "listen" docs all had repeated directive definitions.  Therefore, I am
hoping that in total, I am making things easier to maintain, rather than
more difficult.

Joshua