httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: httpd-docs-1.3 patch
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:48:40 GMT
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, James Sutherland wrote:

> Here's a simple patch which makes the default front page (English
> language) and the documentation index validate correctly. Nothing major,
> just lower-casing the tags and updating doctype.

Hmmm... I'm not sure that I understand the point.  Most of the
HTML included with Apache validates just fine as HTML 3.2.
Given that we don't use any XHTML features, why does it matter
that we don't validate as XHTML?

Maybe someone might want to take a big stick like htmltidy
to the 2.0 docs and convert them all to XHTML, but I'm not
sure I see the point in doing this for the 1.3 docs.  Can you clarify what
this gains us?

Thanks.

Joshua.