httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Template for modules docs
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:58:22 GMT
Here is a first draft of a template for the modules documents.  I would
greatly appreciate contributions of more detailed requirements and
feedback.

Changes from existing files:

- Always start with a one sentence description of the module, with no
excess cruft.

- Addition of "Status" and "Compatibility" headings near the top.
A corresponding change will need to be made to directive-dict.html

- Removal of any references to "compiled in by default", or the name of
the source file.  These are less meaningful in a dynamically loaded world,
and the name of the source file is obvious in any case.  It might be
useful to include a heading for the name used in the "LoadModule"
directive.  (config_log_module is not obvious for mod_log_config)

- A "Directives" section with links to all the directives is ALWAYS near
the top, immediately below "Summary"

- The directives themselves are always the LAST thing in the file.
(Some modules docs place examples or other stuff below the directives.
I think if the directives are linked near the top, then they should
be placed absolutely last.)

--
Joshua Slive
slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca