httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: The apache-docs list (was: Re: Docs patch: VirtualHost)
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:15:17 GMT

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Rich Bowen wrote:
[...]
> So, so far as activating things, I've really just been testing
> the waters. I'd be a little nervous about having commit access,
> because I'd still want some of the real experts to look at what
> I was writing.

Well, the committ-then-review system seems to work well enough for small
changes to the source code.  I can't imagine why it wouldn't work for the
documentation.  Anything that gets committed is sent both here and to the
main cvs mailing list, which many more of the developers read.  I sure
someone will speak up if there is a mistake made.

On the other hand, of course, things that we aren't sure about or are
significant changes should be posted first for discussion.

--
Joshua Slive
slive@finance.commerce.ubc.ca