httpd-docs mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Potential Docs project
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:56:22 GMT

I wanted to give a potential project to anybody on this list looking for
something to help with.  :-)  I would do this myself, but I have very
poor HTML skills, and my documentation skills aren't great either.  :-)

Earlier this year, I spent a long time documenting the entire 2.0
API.  This has been done using ScanDoc, which is a tool to extract docs
from C files.  Basically, in all of the header files, we have comment
blocks that look like:

/**
 * ...
 */

These are ScanDoc blocks.  They way ScanDoc works is that there is a
template perl script, that is filled out to actually generate the HTML
files.  It would be really cool if we could make the template file a bit
cleaner or if it was modified to use DocBook instead of HTML.

If anybody is interested in working on this with me, please let me know.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131