httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The apache-docs list (was: Re: Docs patch: VirtualHost)
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:58:27 GMT
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Solutions?
> - Encourage more people from new-httpd to come hang out over here as well.
> - Give commit access to some of the people hanging out here.  (That was
> the original purpose of splitting the repositories, right?)

we brought it up on a closed list for commiters and the general
consensus is (obviously) that it sucks and that it haven't been very
fair (to say the least) to those of you who have dedicated time and
efforts to contribute and have been "ignored".

More people with commit access should be on the list already and
after bringing the problem up I hope more of us with commit access
will be dedicating some more time here.

Another point that was brought up was that "new" people should be
sure to speak up when they feel they can help out with comments and
opinions. (Hint: there is more than 260 subscribers).

I also think that more people will get commit access soonish, but
I'm not really sure how that works around here (I'm usually only
involved with such things in the mod_perl project) so don't take my
word for it.

Thanks for contributing!

  - ask (who'll take his part of the blame for "ignoring" the
         fearless contributers to better docs)

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>
more than 70M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>