httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Section titles in docs
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:04:51 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Rich Bowen wrote:
> >
> > My preference is to omit the "directive" from each
>
> Consistency is good, but please remeber that a *lot* of things/places
> link directly to directive description fragments, and someone might
> follow a link and not have a lot of mental context about what
> they'll see when they get there.  Also remember that these sections
> have a wide audience, from experts who have forgotten syntax details
> to neophytes that have barely begun to use Apache.  I don't see that
> a couple of extra words are going to hurt anything, but whatever
> the majority feels..

Hmm. OK, good point. Well, since my main concern here is consistency,
then they should _all_ say 'directive'. It irks me that some do and some
don't. Once again, this is not a big deal, but just one of the things
that got hammered into me working with Tech. Pubs. at DataBeam corp. and
then at Lotus.

Rich