httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Potential Docs project
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 02:41:22 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> First of all, the really painful stuff is done, that would be
> actually writing all of the docs.

I'm not sure I agree with this assessment.  To me, documenting
a routine consists of much, much more than just baldly stating
what it does.  API documentation should be more in-depth, and
include examples of usage, for instance.  At least a paragraph,
not just a single line.

> The only header file not documented is buff.h, that is because
> I hope to remove BUFFs from Apache 2.0 in time.

Also not completely true.  httpd.h has *lots* of undocumented
functions.

Just so anyone getting involved doesn't get surprised by
how much remains to be done..  A lot has already been
accomplished, but it's still only a start.
--
#ken    P-)}