httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@buglet.rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: The apache-docs list (was: Re: Docs patch: VirtualHost)
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 01:24:43 GMT

> Anyone else have ideas for how to "activate" this list?

I agree with your analysis. I was posting small patches in the hopes
of getting noticed, as I had some ideas for larger things.

Specifically, I'd like to contribute tutorial and HOWTO type things.
I write a weekly column for ApacheToday. 90 days after they appear
on ApacheToday, I can do whatever I want with them. At least
that's how I understood my contract. I think that it would be neat
to turn them into a tutorial section for the Apache docs, since
that's the tone in which they are written. I'm just reaching
the 90 day mark on my first articles, and was hoping to get things
rolling on that.

I also came across a lot of stuff while I was working on
Apache Server Unleashed that was inconsistent, missing,
confusing, or just plain wrong. I'd like to go back through some
of that and contribute things for patching some of those.

So, so far as activating things, I've really just been testing
the waters. I'd be a little nervous about having commit access,
because I'd still want some of the real experts to look at what
I was writing. But I'm one of those strange people that really
enjoys writing documentation, and I just need a little
encouragement.

--Rich
www.apacheunleashed.com