httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Opinions about API documentation
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 13:56:48 GMT
I'm writing a bunch of the 1.3 API documentation pieces,
and so far I've been treating each identifier separately.
That is, there's a separate entry for each of HTTP_OK,
HTTP_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED, and HTTP_CONTINUE, and separate
entries for SERVER_DEAD, SERVER_BUSY, and SERVER_STARTING.

The question I have is whether this is appropriate, or
whether things like the SERVER_* constants should all
be described as part of the scoreboard entry.

Keeping them separate allows them to be found easily,
and gives each a unique entry in the index/table of
contents -- but it also adds up to a lot of separate
files (one apiece).

I'm inclined to keep doing it this way because I think
the ease of locating something is worth it.  (Consider
that there are eight (8) separate scoreboard entries,
for types and routines -- under which would the scoreboard
constants go, and how easy would it be to find them?)

Opinions?
--
#ken    P-)}