httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs index.html.tw
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:08:52 GMT

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Kevin Lo wrote:
> >
> > Ken Coar wrote:
> >
> > > What character set is this in?  The original submission was
> > > .tw.big5..  Or am I mistaken in thinking there are multiple
> > > Chinese character sets in which this might be represented?
> >
> > I followed the ISO 3166 alpha-2 country code:
> >
> > http://www.tu-berlin.de/zrz/dienste/netz/mail/iso-3166.html
> >
> > So the suffix name of that file is tw, and China is cn.
>
> So all TW files will always be in the same character set?
> Which charset is that, so that we can use AddCharSet foo .tw?

IMHO we will have to move towards

	AddCharSet Foo		.foo
	AddLanguage Bar		.bar

and name files

	index.foo.bar.html

So
	index.latin1.fr.html		french 		iso/latin1
	index.big5.tw.html		taiwanese 	big5

and so on. As there are numerous countries which can use more than one
characterset to deal with the same language.

The nicests thing would be to have _everything_ in UTF7, UTF8 or unicode
and generate all of the above from that.

Dw