httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "sehh of H.I.C. & D.B.S." <s...@altered.com>
Subject Re: Strawman XML
Date Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:30:55 GMT
On Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:47:46 +0200 (CEST), Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

>> I am the author of ServerConfig/2, GUI config util for OS/2. What i
>> was looking for, was a 'version' of the Apache documentation which
>> could be compiled under the OS/2 help file format. Which ofcourse i
>> did my converting HTML into that format (.IPF). Although its not a
>> perfect copy of the HTML code, it gives me the base to modify it any
>> way i want.
>Did you ever open source this ? Or is it easy to read in an ascii-like
>format to see what you have done without installing OS/2.

No, ServerConfig/2 is not open source, its freeware. The .IPF format
which is used by OS/2 Help files is plain text and requires a special
compiler to turn it into a binary .HLP. Its very complex though and its
not easy to edit by hand. What do you mean what i have done?

>Did you have a look at the file I sendt in the previous msg ? Would that
>be enough for your OS/2 docs and for your OS/2 configurator to be driven
>from it, or would you need more ?

Yes i did check it out, but an OS/2 program would require the OS/2 Help file
format, so that it can be called online via F1 etc. So it can't be actualy used like
that.

But i guess an XML documentation which can be converted to HTML or plain text
is not a problem since i can then convert whatever i want to an OS/2 Help file.

 H.I.C. & D.B.S.  OS/2 Warp  Hellas
 ServerConfig  InfoHICmag  OS/2 UK UG

 Error: 132 - Windows not found: (C)heer (P)arty (D)ance