httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Translate the Apache doc. into Chinese.
Date Fri, 06 Aug 1999 07:49:19 GMT

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Kevin Lo wrote:
> >
> > As my experience, ( I'm a FreeBSD committer, and I maintain the
> > FreeBSD FAQ), if I update the CVS tree, the system send all committers
> > an email automatically that notifies I updated some files.
> > I guess this is what you want, right?
>
> Actually, I was thinking of something more specific, but that would
> do.  We've had that on the Apache modules forever.  I was thinking
> of a way to signal people who have finished translating a particular
> file that they need to go back and possibly verify it.

This might be an _exclent_ moment in time to seperate the docs
a bit more from the mail core; and Cc: in apache-docs@.. or
a apache-docs-cvs@... group.

My guess it that when we go towards a situation where we
have more poeple working on smaller parts, we want to fine
tune the CVS commit messages a lot more that we do now.
Or force procmail down people's throats.

Dw