httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Translate the Apache doc. into Chinese.
Date Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:04:09 GMT

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Kevin Lo wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, I think it should be .zh__TW.Big5
>
> I'm not very I18N-aware in far-Eastern issues.  Can we break
> this into country-/language-code and charset identifiers?

No insult intented, and at the severe risk op stepping on your toes Kevin,
I think that since we have no other translations in 'zh' yet, just calling
them

	something.html.zh or something.zh.html

is quite enough. We then _now_ mandate that all our zh's are going to
be in Big5 :-) And put that in the httpd.conf

The other option would be a directory 'zh' in the main docroot whith
all the files in there as something.html or something.big5.html.

In that case I'd like the index.html docoument of that directory to
contain some 'meta' data; as to _when_ it was translated, by whom
and who to contact if you find an error, or want to contribute more.

Dw.