httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Kevin Lo <kevi...@linpus.com.tw>
Subject Re: Translate the Apache doc. into Chinese.
Date Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:39:25 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > Kevin Lo wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm, I think it should be .zh__TW.Big5
> >
> > I'm not very I18N-aware in far-Eastern issues.  Can we break
> > this into country-/language-code and charset identifiers?
> >
> No insult intented, and at the severe risk op stepping on your toes Kevin,
> I think that since we have no other translations in 'zh' yet, just calling
> them
>
>         something.html.zh or something.zh.html
>
> is quite enough. We then _now_ mandate that all our zh's are going to
> be in Big5 :-) And put that in the httpd.conf
>
> The other option would be a directory 'zh' in the main docroot whith
> all the files in there as something.html or something.big5.html.

This is a good idea, I also mentioned in my previous email.
All the files named something.big5.html is better, I think.
If you guys agree, would you create an account on Apache site for me?
I can use CVS to update files. As I mentioned, I'm a FreeBSD committer,
I'm familiar with CVS :-)

--
- Kevin Lo             - kevinlo@linpus.com.tw
- Linpus Technologies  - http://www.linpus.com.tw