httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Translate the Apache doc. into Chinese.
Date Mon, 02 Aug 1999 15:37:27 GMT
Kevin Lo wrote:

> I have finished translating The Apache documentation: Reading Client
> Input in Apache 1.2
> into Chinese. Would I upload the file to Apache website? thanks.

There are a number of ways of doing this..

1. Copy the translated files to the apache.org site, and name them
   with the appropriate language extension.  (What *is* the ISO
   country code for this translation?)
2. Note on the main Apache site that some of the docs have been
   translated, and link to their current location.
3. Set up a directory tree on some server explicitly for this
   translation, and copy the files there as they're made ready.
   Point to this location from the main Apache site.
4. Set up a tree on some server containing nothing *but*
   translated versions, and point to it from the main Apache
   site.

#1 is probably not particularly good because the site is mirrored
in dozens of places, and many of the mirrors may not have multiviews
and negociation enabled.

#2 is uncomfortable to me because the current location of the
document is full of cookies and popups.

#3 or #4 would probably be best; I'd actually prefer #4 because it
would provide for multiple concurrent translation efforts.  I'll
volunteer server space for that.

This is certainly not an exhaustive list!  Any thoughts?
--
#ken    P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>