httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jon MacKay <JMac...@rim.net>
Subject RE: Case Studies
Date Wed, 02 Dec 1998 17:39:01 GMT
Okay, looks like we've really got things rolling...

>From the discussion so far, here's the catagories we've come up with:

*	How-to -- quick and dirty for those new to Apache
*	How-to 2 -- advanced topics, more than you thought you'd ever need
to know...
*	Tutorial / Overview of Apache -- glossary of terms, what apache
offers, how it works (generally), why use it...
*	A tutorial specific for those setting up Apache on MS?? (never done
it, know nothing about this...)

At least I think this is everything.....

I like the idea of starting from a "solid foundation", but as we're all
working with these servers, we'll probably end up getting a few revisions of
the how-to's here and there too. Personally, though, I'm interested in
starting in on the Tutorial / Overview....

As for documentation, I also favour just plain and simple HTML. If need be
I've transferred HTML to PS fairly painlessly, and from there we can go to
PDF without much work. It's a question of need though; if we convert things
to PDF they should be either a quick ref. card, or general overview
materials (ie. materials someone may have to show a "higher-up" before
moving to Apache as their server.)

Jon