httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones, FCCJ Webmaster" <webmas...@fccj.org>
Subject Re: Case Studies
Date Tue, 01 Dec 1998 19:06:33 GMT
Jon MacKay wrote:

> Maybe what we're talking about is a very general tutorial about Apache
> itself. How the server works, what modules are, what the components of CGI
> are and how they can work with Apache (mod_perl, etc.). What about putting
> this very general guide together so people who are just starting to look at
> various web servers don't have to really struggle to get a grasp on what
> Apache is and does.

:]

Agreed, this is where the Apache Doc project could start; however, after
reading and considering Anthony's, Michele's, et al comments - my question
would be, I suppose, does the group feel the current Docs are weak in
general scope or just in their treatment of MS environments in general?

> As for the more in-depth documents (ie. mod_rewrite) those are the sorts of
> things that should be tackled as they are starting to be understood... that
> way, you get all the answers to your newbie questions, and have the docs
> written before you forget the niggling details.

A generally strong foundation is best before attacking
intermediate/advanced topics, etc.

> Comments?

(I think this group is starting to simmer a little better :)

-Sneex-  :]
Bill Jones  |  904/632-3089  |  http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?webmaster

Contrary to the general lack of support within 'Open Source' coding -
I support what I write...  Others haven't, can't, or won't...