httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Anthony Abby" <anth...@aplusdata.com>
Subject RE: Case Studies
Date Tue, 01 Dec 1998 16:24:27 GMT
Excellent point indeed.  I had just installed Apache 1.3 on a secondary web
server a little over a week ago and found it very easy to install, and seems
very flexible.  One of the reasons I contacted Michelle about participating
in her project last week after reading her post to this mailing list, was
because I was a little disappointed about the availability of non-commercial
documentation available for Apache.  To you all who are familiar with it, it
may seem adequate, but to a system administrator who's only worked with MS
applications, it is no where near adequate.  As we all know, MS does things
a bit differently than the rest of the world, and it was a bit of a culture
shock for me.

Still, I adopted Apache into my network because I wanted to broaden my
knowledge, and I had always heard that Apache was an excellent web platform.
I had less trouble installing and running Apache, than I did with IIS4!
Maybe trouble isn't the appropriate word, but it took less effort certainly
to run Apache initially.

I'm looking forward to working with Michelle on her project, and hope to
learn much from you all.  I have plans to install more Apache servers on NT4
systems, and have may install it on our Solaris servers as well.

I think you hit the mark right on the head with your comments regarding
tutorials.  That is indeed exactly what is needed.  I will be gone on
business for the next week or so, but when I return, I hope to begin fully
participating in the project.

Warmest Regards,
-----
Anthony Abby
Operations Manager - A Plus Data Services
http://www.aplusdata.com/

Competitively priced web hosting and development solutions
A Plus Data Services - The Basic Building Block of your Internet Life!