httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Silence
Date Tue, 03 Nov 1998 17:08:35 GMT
On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Stefano Gobbo wrote:

> What happened to the Apache Documentation Project?
> Two months have passed since the last message on the doc list.
> Does it means that nobody is currently working on it?

Pretty much.

Docs are one of those things that needs an individual to provide focus and
direction and provide a way for people to step up and say "ok, I can write
these ten paragraphs dealing with this".

Browsing through the archives (http://dev.apache.org/mail/ , and look at
docs.*) would be a useful exercise to see the start of previous frameworks
and how they didn't go anywhere.

What I would suggest is working from an outline.  Someone needs to take
the time to build a solid (not necessarily comprehensive, no need to start
too big) outline then try to convince people to contribute sections.