httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mohammed Kabir <ka...@nitec.com>
Subject Re: Silence
Date Tue, 03 Nov 1998 18:16:36 GMT
Hi,

I just scanned the outline a bit. I will spend more time looking at
it.
However, after looking at for a very short time it I think I have the
following questions:

a. Are we talking about developing a manual for Apache that resembles
   typical book format?

b. Are we interested in making the document easily searchable? Say
using
   a search engine such as eXcite?

Personally, I think book-format will not be interesting since people
can just
go buy a book on Apache and its much prettier and easy to hold on your
hands.
I think the documentation project should consider:

	i. Coverage of latest and greatest modules. I seldom find modules to
	   be well documented. [Exception: Ralf's modules! :) ]

	ii. Introduction to the design of the Apache software. This is really
	    important as it is becoming more easy to tap into Apache via
mod_perl
	    and other modules which might allow access to Apache internals.

Well that's all I can think of for now.

--
   Phone: (916) 649-9626
     Fax: (916) 649-0209