httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Stefano Gobbo" <stefano.go...@mail.biblio.polimi.it>
Subject RE: Silence
Date Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:02:37 GMT
> Does anyone out there have any other ideas as to how we could further
> Stefano's goal of creating a body of Apache documentation that will aid the
> application in being further accepted and deployed in the business and
> enterprise spheres?
I'm currently working on a sort of enterprise envision with the aim of opening
a debate on what should be done to increase the adoption of Apache in the
enterprise core. Two considerations mainly drove me to this point:

1. I believe that Apache is now quite known to the enterprise management.
    What is probably missing is some kind of higher level of abstraction
    directed to strategic IT professionals.

2. A wider adoption within the big companies will IMHO enhance the test
    base concerning with heavy load mission critical business and last-minute
    technology integration.

It is said "kill most the pen than the sword". Well, demonstrate that
the word (in therm of wider breath documentation) is sometime a product
from the facts (read we provide what we state), and not viceversa.

Stefano

Stefano Gobbo                         mailto:Stefano.Gobbo@biblio.polimi.it

Responsabile Tecnico
Sistema Informativo Bibliotecario     Tel:    +39 2 2399 2292
Politecnico di Milano                 Fax:    +39 2 2399 2294
Italia                                Web:    http://www.biblio.polimi.it