httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Shutterbug <natural...@post1.com>
Subject Re: Does the apache user manual exists in printable format?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 1998 01:10:44 GMT
PS or PDF it doesn't really matter. But most definitely NOT HTML!

I like to print my manuals/READMEs/HOWTOs at one go and I can't do that if the document is
in HTML format with links to multiple sections...

Unless anybody else out there knows another way..?

Best Regards

Steven Sim (Shutterbug)

At 03:46 PM 9/2/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings,

>Which printable format is better for most users?  PS or PDF?  Or is it

>acceptable to print HTML sections from a browser?  I'm trying to choose an

>appropriate format  for the IBM documentation that supports the Apache server.

>Thanks for any feedback,

>Robin Langford

>rlangfor@us.ibm.com

>apache-docs-owner@apache.org on 09/02/98 05:47:24 AM

>Please respond to apache-docs@apache.org

>To: apache-docs@apache.org

>cc:

>Subject: Re: Does the apache user manual exists in printable format?

>In article <<361495A9.B0F06FBB@ics.forth.gr> you wrote:

>> Does the Apache user manual exists in a printable format, pdf or ps ?

>No, for Apache 1.0 (and 1.1?) there were those manuals generated out of the

>HTML files. But after this time we only have the HTML files and PS or PDF

>versions were never created again. Hmmm... I would like to see PS versions

>again, too.

>                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

>                                       rse@engelschall.com

>                                       www.engelschall.com

<bold>The surest sign that there is intelligent life out there is that
none of them have tried to contact us yet.</bold>