httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Stanley Gambarin <stanl...@cs.bu.edu>
Subject Re: List maintenance item
Date Thu, 07 Aug 1997 22:34:36 GMT

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Here SDF would be nice, because it already provides ASCII, HTML, Postscript
> _AND_ Windows Help File Format.

	Unless SGML provides some straightforward tools to convert to
Windows Help File Format (.hlp), I would go with SDF, as I would like to
once again emphasize the importance of the Win32 platforms, for which
docs are to be provided.  As for page layout, I am more concerned with
the content than with what lagnuage is used, so if you give me a good
template, I will provide the content (regardless of SGML, SDF, HTML, etc).

+1 on good template and using SDF
	(unless SGML provides easy way to generate hlp files, then
	+1 on good template and SGML).
							Stanley.