httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: license
Date Fri, 08 Aug 1997 20:38:44 GMT
On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Well my only concern is fly-by-nights trying to make a quick buck.  I have
> no problem with Stronghold incorporating some of the material.

Nor do I. I do have one concern about putting a license on the docs more
restrictive than the Apache license itself: Are these docs going to be
distributed with the Apache distribution itself? Currently, we do;
/htdocs/manual/ contains the complete set of Apache reference and how-to
documentation (which is somewhat lacking).

If we decide to make it seperate, only available from www.apache.org,
that's fine, but if we keep including docs with Apache, I'd perfer that
they keep under the Apache license (or a less restrictive one), so that
the entire Apache package can be redistrbuted under the terms of the
Apache license.

That being said, I don't plan to get too involved with documentation,
except maybe here and there. Certainly I'm very interested in making sure
the Apache 2.0 API (whenever it comes) is well-documented.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>