httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: license
Date Sat, 09 Aug 1997 20:28:51 GMT
That would be the most restrictive license I could probably support (ie.
I could go for something that was at most that restrictive), but I won't
be writing much...

I think the idea behind the license should be that commercial activities
aren't bad but that some people try to rip you off.  I wouldn't worry
about details right now.

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, sameer wrote:

> 	A license should be worded 'Please apply for permission to use
> in a commercial app' then?
> 	THat seems reaosnable to add. COmments from the rest?
>
> > Well my only concern is fly-by-nights trying to make a quick buck.  I have
> > no problem with Stronghold incorporating some of the material.
> >
> > Dean
> >
> > On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, sameer wrote:
> >
> > > 	So this brings up some issues. The SH docs right now include
> > > some text from the apache docs, but most of it is a rewrite. If you
> > > restrict the new docs for a commercial use then does commercial
> > > documentation have to be a clean room effort?

 Our