httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: List maintenance item
Date Fri, 08 Aug 1997 13:22:04 GMT
Make a script, take the output of diff, find all the lines with '>'s in
front of them, then mark those with a changebar.  The biggest trick is
that since the line breaks will be different, we need a way in the markup
to say "start left margin bar here" and "stop left margin bar here" that
aren't overly picky about where they go in relation to other things.

I think you would have to do it at that level, since trying to do it in
the various forms of generated documents would be even more hassle.