httpd-docs mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: [STATUS] ADP (Fri 8-Aug-1997 11:06 MET DST)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 1997 06:57:38 GMT

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95q.970811224714.10058A-100000@csa> you wrote:

>   So, have any decision has been reached about SGML vs. SDF ?
> I looked at the webpage written with SGML, then I looked at one written
> with SDF and personally, I like how SGML one looks.  So, lets talk avout
> other stuff, otherwise we are gonna be stuck here forever.

I wait until the end of this week for a reply from Ian Clathworty, the author
of SDF. We really wanted to enhance SDF for the ADP and I want to give him a
chance before we really decide which tool to use. What he wants to enhance is
the fact that not all of the features we need in ADP are consistent available
in SDF's output files and that the Postscript generation with SDF can only be
done with FrameMaker (commercial) or pod2ps (disabling features on SDF->POD
translation).

So, I wait for his reply about the enhanced SDF.
SDF could be really nice because of two featurs:

1. It provides a really compact and easy syntax for writing
2. It can generate Windows Help File format which our
   Windows users want.

We'll see what at the end of week is state-of-the-art and I hope we then can
do a real voting which tool to use.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com