httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Scope of RemoteIPProxyProtocol* (was: svn commit: r1824211 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS)
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:03:03 GMT
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM,  <ylavic@apache.org> wrote:

>    *) mod_remoteip: Add PROXY protocol support
[]
>       ylavic: RemoteIPProxyProtocol* are documented as scoped to server config
>               and virtual host, though using ap_server_conf makes them global
>               only (thus less useful too...).
>          jim: Can docco patch be post-backport?
>       minfrin: The docs seem correct, and there is a long explanation in the docs of
>                why the scoping is as it is.

The docs talk about connection based config, while ap_server_conf is
really the main server config.
The code should be improved to be based on c->baser_server config
(with merging of RemoteIPProxyProtocol*), unless I'm missing something
it seems (as of now) that the directives overwrite each other when
used in vhost context (not only for name-based vhosts).
So now (or post-backport) I think we should at least document the
scope as being "server config" only, and follow up with
"c->baser_server config" when possible (not a blocker for the first
version).

Regards,
Yann.