httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1822878 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules: http2/h2_config.c http2/h2_config.h http2/h2_conn.c http2/mod_http2.c http2/mod_http2.h proxy/config.m4 proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 15:11:55 GMT
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:58 PM, stefan@eissing.org <stefan@eissing.org> wrote:
> Hmm...
>
>> Am 01.02.2018 um 15:42 schrieb ylavic@apache.org:
>>
>> +        /*
>> +         * When mod_http2 is loaded we might have more processing threads
>> +         * since it has it's own pool of processing threads.
>> +         */
>> +        ap_mpm_query(AP_MPMQ_MAX_THREADS, &max_threads);
>> +        if (have_get_h2_num_workers) {
>> +            get_h2_num_workers(s, &minw, &maxw);
>> +            if (max_threads < maxw) {
>> +                max_threads = maxw;
>> +            }
>> +        }
>
> Is this what you want? I think the max number of threads
> that a proxy worker may be active in is:
>
>    (max_threads-1) + maxw

The max number of connections a proxy worker might have to handle
simultaneously is the maximum number of threads requesting one at the
same time.

The default for minw (ThreadsPerChild) and the doc about H2MaxWorkers
saying "This directive sets the maximum number of worker threads to
spawn per child process for HTTP/2 processing" suggested (to me) that
H2MaxWorkers already included ThreadsPerChild.
But if it should be "(max_threads-1) + maxw" per above, well, I trust you ;)

> with a single HTTP/2 connection, running maxw streams in
> parallel over proxy?

Can't each stream by proxied?

Thanks,
Yann.