httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: Lua detection autoconf mess (was: [VOTE] Release httpd-2.4.30)
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:04:30 GMT
Correct, as I said this may not be a regression, as it continues to locate
/use/lib64 files.

Modern ld is tolerant on linux at least when not in -Wall more. Other archs
may not be so kind.

On Feb 23, 2018 09:15, "Eric Covener" <> wrote:

>> Do you end up with an -L/usr/lib for the module in your CentOS example?
>> Did it happen to pick up the lib64 path? Or no lib path at all?
> /usr/src/apache/httpd-2.4.x/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc
-std=gnu99  -pthread  -Wall -O2 -g         -o
> -rpath /usr/src/apache/apache_2.4.x/modules -module
-avoid-version  lua_apr.lo lua_config.lo mod_lua.lo
> lua_request.lo lua_vmprep.lo lua_dbd.lo lua_passwd.lo -L/usr/lib -llua
-lm -lcrypt
> The line that fails for you is the same for me.
> Looking closer at your error message I guess the difference is that I
have only the 64 bit version of
> glibc-devel installed. Do you have the 32 bit version installed as well?

Aren't the "skipping..." messages harmless?  Other than pointing out
the suspicious paths it is probing.

View raw message