httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release httpd 2.5.0-alpha
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2017 20:05:27 GMT
With about a month of time the vote has been running and just a single
+1 (my own), I'm of the opinion that this release has died on the vine.
I am sensitive to the fact that this is the holiday season, so I will
keep it open only a few more days so folks can pipe up if they are still
testing or need more time to evaluate the release.

While it's OK and all if we don't push 2.5.0-alpha, I'm wondering if
anyone has been able to at least validate the structural stuff involving
the release? As in... Was the signature good? Did the release tarball
appear to be laid out as expected? Did the tags and source files show up
where/how we expect in trunk? Assuming that's all good, I'd like to
volunteer for 2.4.next... but I'd like confirmation.

I'm also acutely interested in those aspects because they are the result
of the machinery created to prepare the tags for a release and the first
time I've used the existing scripts per documentation. If an adjustment
(to the script I created, the existing scripts that are used, or the
documentation on how to roll a release) is needed, I'd like to
straighten that out now before moving forward with tying it all together
with an automated build plan.

--
Daniel Ruggeri