httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: 2.4.x STATUS needs you!
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 12:30:23 GMT
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:26 AM, Graham Leggett <> wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2017, at 2:22 PM, William A Rowe Jr <> wrote:
>> Or, it is bad form to introduce features and then force some
>> config-changes on users after the 'experimental' phase, which
>> isn't even proposed, in this case.
>> We want to be pretty strict about config changes, and the
>> suggested white > black list behavior based on the core
>> enable directive would cause 2.4.x "maintenance" users
>> (using that term very loosely) to potentially change their
>> config, which I consider rude. But not everyone here has
>> to agree with me /shrug
> Are you suggesting we hold off until you had a chance to put together a patch to fix
> If so, please update STATUS to stay so.

I will not vote -1 on any 2.4 changes, you all live with whatever
results you obtain. I'm strictly focused on, and will let you
all alter 2.4 however you like, as is entirely dissimilar
from 2.4.1 (and I support every flavor essentially every month.)
Do as you will... I'm moving on...

I'm only reminding you of conversations clearly documented
on this dev@ list. You know where to find those. If you want to
further note it, go ahead, but I can't promise to be the first one
to write that agreed-upon alteration.

View raw message